Blog Visitors

Categories

Brunei (2) Cars (11) Drag (4) Friends (3) Holiday (5) Kuching (3) Miri (9) Motorsport (4) Photography (7) Sarawak (6) Yam Cha (2)

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Holiday in Sarawak (Kuching) Day 1

Sarawak is a great state. An interesting state in the island of Borneo. Joining my brother, we went to eat many many Sarawak-ian cuisines and sight-seeing.

Photobucket

Starting off in Kuching, as soon as I landed via airplane, we had our lunch here. A Spicy Chinese-themed Restaurant.

Photobucket

Featuring the Spicy Kuching Noodle,


Photobucket

the Sarawak-styled Fried Dumplings....

Photobucket

....and a Japanese Bubble Tea.


Photobucket

For Tea Time (or High Tea), I was brought to a small stall near Kuching's Sport Center. Popular for it's Shaved Iced Delicacies.

Photobucket

I had Nata De' Coco Shaved Ice, which is my High Tea Dessert for this.......

Photobucket

very simple yet delicious Belacan Bee Hoon (Rice Vermicelli) with Century Egg.

Photobucket

Of course, doing Street Photography there is actually quite interesting.

Photobucket

Dinner wasn't really much interesting, so I was brought to a very interesting stall, popularly known for it's Ice-Scream. Now I must note that this stall is actually operated by one of the school's canteen in Kuching. So all of the profit will be proceeded to the specific school.

Photobucket

They have their own 'Today's Special' menu readily made for you.

Photobucket

While everyone was having a good meal (or dessert), I am eager for my very own Ice-Scream....

Photobucket

......which is the Banana Split. For a school-canteen standard, it's actually very good!

Photobucket

Deep in the heart of Kuching City, I went to take some shots of the Landscapes.

Photobucket

With striking modern buildings....

Photobucket

....to Mega-building.....

Photobucket

.........and back to Old School.

Photobucket

Taking Night-Landscape photos which require patience for long shutter speeds had made me build quite an appetite. So I fancied a trip for Supper. I was brought to a Wet-Market which has a food court on the 1st floor.

Photobucket

This particular stall serves Sugar Cane drinks as a specialty.

Photobucket

Not that it looks special or anything, but it was a nice drink.

Photobucket

The Big Feature was here. A small stall that serves one of Sarawak's special delicacy.

Photobucket

In which we call them...

Photobucket

...Kueh Chap!

That meal ended the night nicely. Stay tuned for Day 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment