Blog Visitors

Categories

Brunei (2) Cars (11) Drag (4) Friends (3) Holiday (5) Kuching (3) Miri (9) Motorsport (4) Photography (7) Sarawak (6) Yam Cha (2)

Friday, May 17, 2013

Speedhunting in Miri

 photo cars-6.jpg

The cars driven in Miri, Sarawak is rather interesting when a number of hidden petrolheads and Brunei-ans drive on the streets. Starting of with this Megane RS by Renault, it's a track-ready car ready to be unleashed. However, there's no race-track around except for the popular Lutong drag strip. So I guess the owner could have his/her track feel by doing it on the streets (always practise safe but 'professional' driving on the public roads)

 photo cars-8.jpg

Then came this widened and clean Toyota MR2 with...

 photo cars-7.jpg

... a different feel on the rear of the car.


 photo cars-9.jpg

I guess this MR pocket rocket has the potential to be a grippy Japanese Ferrari.

 photo cars-10.jpg

Next on, I found this rather interesting Satria Neo. It's a standard CamPro powered Neo but the it's what the visuals that attracted me. With the flared arch, black hood, black roof, CPS Spoiler and a splitter, this looks like a track modded Neo. I don't have any official info about this car being a track modded but this certainly looks good and appealing.

 photo cars-18.jpg

Do you like the Toyota Starlet and Initial D?

 photo cars-15.jpg

If you do, then this is a combination of both. A Toyota Starlet with the visual essence of Bunta/Takumi's AE86. With the fog lamps,...

 photo cars-17.jpg

...the Tofu shop decal and...

 photo cars-16.jpg

The Panda paint scheme, this is no brainer that this looks like the Trueno.

 photo cars-27.jpg

Fancy for something even rare?

 photo cars-26.jpg

I've never seen a genuine Mark II Supra until now.

 photo cars-28.jpg

Still not convinced? Check out this OEM steering wheel.

 photo cars-23.jpg

It's nice to see this Japanese classic even though it looks similar to a Pantera Detomaso and Lamborghini Espada.

 photo cars-25.jpg

And of course the retro rear

 photo cars-13.jpg

Also a classic but not too retro, it's the Civic Del Sol.

 photo cars-14.jpg

With a nice shade of blue and GT Wing, it looks refreshing to most civics out there.

 photo cars-11.jpg

Moving on to the Neos, this is the first 2013 Satria Neo R3 spotted in 'Tranquility Black'. It looks good but I still have my taste on...

 photo 734938_10200782602838186_877204947_n.jpg

my own Silver GTi Neo R3.

 photo cars-4.jpg

But then let's take a look on another Neo I spotted which was the modded Neo with Lotus Racing Bodykit on.

 photo cars-5.jpg

Featuring a set of TE37!!!

 photo cars-3.jpg

So in overall.... it looks SEXY!

 photo cars-22.jpg

But since the Neo was developed by Lotus, I managed to spotted the real developer's car.

 photo cars-19.jpg

For the first time in my life, I spotted an Exige.

 photo cars-21.jpg

With the interior that I could drool on even with my monitor right in front of me.

 photo cars-20.jpg

And it's SEXY BACK! This is the origin of the Satria Neo CPS/R3 (well, 1/4 of it's DNA).

 photo cars-1.jpg

Back to the classics and to the last but not least vehicle spotted, it's a car in the OCCC or Oil town Classic Car Club.

 photo cars-2.jpg

To end this petrolicious post, I feature the best, the aggressive 70's JDM style Celica ST in aggressive black! This is one car that I would want as a retro classic.

For another couple more years to spend in Miri, I'd definitely be looking forward to spot a lot more cars lurking around the streets of Miri.

No comments:

Post a Comment